Position: Product Manager (2 to 5 years)
About the role
EarlySalary is on a mission to promote financial independence to salaried individuals with ease, and without the need to provide any justification or physical interaction
EarlySalary lead the instant lending wave in India by introducing a credit scoring platform that combines traditional credit scoring paired with a mobile first strategy that helps customers get loans within minutes.
Starting with a single product offering, EarlySalary has partnered with merchants and employers to diversify and serve its customers. On the EarlySalary app:
• A 22-year-old, can get instant cash to plan a holiday
• A 25-year-old, can get an interest free 6-month loan to buy a gadget
• A 27-year-old, can get an interest free 9-month loan to learn a course
• A 33-year-old, can split his kid’s annual school fees into interest free EMIs
• Employees of 500+ corporate partners get additional offers
The opportunity to shape how lending works in in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. But right now, we’re only part of the way there. To continue building the future of instant lending, we need your help.
The product opportunity
As a Product Manager at EarlySalary, you will drive product initiatives from inception to execution. In this role, you will collaborate closely with designers, engineers, analysts, data scientists, and other cross-functional team members to propose, ship, and refine key features. On this role, you can bring together EarlySalary’s strengths in data, algorithms, and software to innovate on the ways lending happens in India – while delivering a delightful customer experience.
You’ll be joining a team of talented, driven and highly collaborative people. Your colleagues on the product team will be people who have worked with start-ups around the world, founded companies, developed successful products from scratch, and have established track records of getting shit done. Come join a team that is on a mission to change the way in which loans are taken in India.
What will you be doing?
• Obsessively understand salaried individual’s & external partner’s need for financing and deliver the best product to match that
• Collaborating with UX, data, and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to build iterative, high-quality products
• Own the product roadmap and collaborate with cross functional teams to drive product initiatives
• Create PRDs, agile stories, wireframes and establish key performance metrics for new feature and initiatives
• Establish product acceptance criteria & review QA test cases to ensure that the envisaged customer benefits are realized
• Defining clear success metrics, and supporting your teams to achieve them
• Strong understanding of the product management discipline and been working as a product manager for 2 to 5 years
• Proven track record of delivering product to market that is successful and drives revenue & profitability for the company
• Capability to make good decisions quickly that helps your teams do the same
• Ability to take a strategy and translate it to actionable tasks
• Comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in chaos, and getting shit done
• Strong team player and ability to work across teams to ensure cohesion and alignment to a single product direction
• Strong verbal and written communication skills – Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences
• Entrepreneurial and growth mindset
• Innovative, self-directed and able to deal well with ambiguous problems
• Willingness to relocate to Pune after the situation improves
Nice to have:
• Startup experience
• Consumer lending/FinTech experience
• MBA from a Tier I/Tier II institution
• Technical knowledge of development
• Empathy for salaried individuals and genuine excitement to solve their problems
• Unique opportunity to grow a product from zero to million customers
• Open office model, flat organization structure, and direct interaction with CXOs & BU Heads
• Attractive compensation & ESOP package
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
Apply to this job
PDF and Word file are allowed to be upload